Apache Trail Tour
Arizona Apache Trail Tour - Ghost Town, Mines & Canyon Lake Day Trip
Experience the Old West of Arizona on our Apache trail tour out to the Goldfield Ghost Town & Gold Mine. On this tour you will be immersed in the experience of the Old West with a visit to Goldfield Gold Mine, picnic lunch on the shores of Canyon lake and a Scenic Steamboat ride on Canyon Lake for great views of Arizona's flora and Fauna.
Included in Cost
- Lulu's Bordello Entrance Fee or Reptile Exhibit Entrance Fee
- Lunch Credit ($40 plus tax and tip)
- Dolly Steam Boat tour fee
Private Adventure Price
2 Passengers: $500
3 Passengers: $400
4-7 Passengers: $325
8-12 Passengers: $2800 (group rate)
Apache Trail Ghost Town, Goldmine and Steam Boat Tour
Spend a day in the Old West! A short drive from the city lies the infamous Apache Trail. The original route was used by the Apache Tribe for travel through the harsh Sonoran Desert along the Superstition Mountains. Settlers expanded the footpath in the late 1800’s in prospect of mining gold and other precious metals. The area was incorporated in 1892 and dubbed Goldfield Goldmine. This “gold rush” of a town went as quick as it came. After only 5 short years of mining, the gold vein the miners were chasing had run dry. During the tour you will be able to take a tour INSIDE the once prosperous Goldfield Goldmine, get your “rattlesnakes” in at the reptile exhibit or check out Lulu's Bordello, have a cold drink among the cowboy’s at “Mammoth Steakhouse and Saloon”, and experiences many more attractions of the Old West! In addition, you will be treated to a picnic lunch and a scenic steamboat cruise on Canyon Lake. The famous, “Dolly Steamboat”, will navigate a 6-mile journey along the 1,300ft. volcanic walls surrounding the lake during which time there may be opportunities to see bald eagles, bighorn sheep, red-tailed hawks, and many other desert animals.
Included in Cost
- All Transportation
- Gold Mine Tour Entrance Fee
- Picnic Lunch at Canyon Lake
- Dolly Steamboat Cruise Entrance Fee
Additional entrance fees for other exhibits and activities (gold panning, reptile exhibit etc.) are not included in the cost of this tour but may be paid for onsite.
Why Go Private?
There are many reasons for adventurers from Scottsdale and Phoenix to go on oura Grand Canyon private tour but the most important reason is that your tour can be tailored to your desires, timing and needs! Want to spend more time in one location over another? No Problem! Switch up the lunch spot for the day? Sure thing!
Additionally, you can expect the following:
- No tour minimums to be met, so no last minute cancellations.
- Personalized information, recommendations and direction from your guide.
- Your guide stays with you and only you all day!
- You are the only pickup! No driving from hotel to hotel (or residence) to drop off the other guests on your tour at the beginning and end.
- Secure storage of your belongings in your private tour vehicle.
- Ability to more adequately accommodate special group needs including medical needs, dietary restrictions, children and elderly traveler needs.
- Tour customizations for your desired add-ons such as Helicopter tours, hiking tours, biking tours, wine tasting etc.
Pick Up Locations
Pick up from Phoenix/Scottsdale hotel partners, VRBO's and personal residences is included in the cost of the tour. If you are outside of our normal pickup zone, you can meet at our office at 7750 E Redfield Rd. STE 104., Scottsdale, AZ 85260 where will we provide you with round trip transportation for the rest of your tour.
What To Bring
Remember, we are in the desert and it is dry! Always bring water when you are planning to hike through the desert. We do supply water available upon request. An additional layer (sweatshirt) is suggested, as it may get chilly up north. For those of us who burn easily, sunscreen is strongly advised along with a hat and good pair of sunglasses. IT IS MANDATORY to bring:
- Photo ID
- Cash and/or credit card (for additional souvenir and activity purchases)
- Closed-toed athletic shoes are recommended. Please, NO SANDALS.
All single day tours incur a 72 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations made within 72 hours of the start date of the tour will be non-refundable. Cancellations made outside of the 72 hour window will be entitled to a full refund.
Large Group Gratuity
For large group tours of 7 or more participants, we require a 15% auto-gratuity that will be charged to the credit card on file following the booking of your tour. If you have any questions, please contact our office.