Tom's Thumb Guided Hiking Tour
Tom's Thumb Guided Hiking Tour - Scottsdale, AZ
Join us on a guided hiking tour through the serene McDowell Sonoran Preserve up Tom's Thumb, one of the most iconic mountains in Scottsdale over looking the entirety of the city! This hike is one that will definitely get the heart pumping and legs burning as we ascend 1236ft covering approximately 4 miles to summit and return to the parking lot over 2.5 to 3 hours. This hike may not be easy but the views are worth every minute!
Transportation options available.
$65 - $90/person
Included in Tour
- 2.5-3 Hour Guided Hike up Toms's Thumb
- Day Pack
- Water bottle
- Certified Hiking Guide
- Transportation - $150 flat rate for up to 13 people
- Local dining option following the hike
Scheduled Tour Times
- Without Transportation: 8:00am & 3pm
- Custom start times are available. Please call our offices in Scottsdale to coordinate a guided hiking tour.
Why Go Private?
There are many reasons to go on a private tour but the most important reason is that your tour can be tailored to your desires, timing and needs! Want to spend more time in one location over another? No Problem! Switch up the lunch spot for the day? Sure thing!
Additionally, you can expect the following:
- No tour minimums to be met, so no last minute cancellations.
- Personalized information, recommendations and direction from your guide.
- Your guide stays with you and only you all day!
- You are the only pickup! No driving from hotel to hotel (or residence) to drop off the other guests on your tour at the beginning and end.
- Secure storage of your belongings in your private tour vehicle.
- Ability to more adequately accommodate special group needs including medical needs, dietary restrictions, children and elderly traveler needs.
- Tour customizations for your desired add-ons such as Helicopter tours, hiking tours, biking tours, wine tasting etc.
Pick Up Locations
Pick up from Phoenix/Scottsdale hotel partners, VRBO's and personal residences is included in the cost of the tour. If you are outside of our normal pickup zone, you can meet at our office at 7750 E Redfield Rd., STE 104, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 where will we provide you with round trip transportation for the rest of your tour.
What To Bring
Remember, we are in the desert and it is dry! Always bring water when you are planning to hike through the desert. We do provide to carry your water and any snacks, cameras, phones etc that you would like to bring on the hike. Hiking boots and athletic wear clothing are suggested but closed-toed athletic shoes are a must. Please, NO SANDALS or JEANS. Sunscreen is strongly advised along with a hat and good pair of sunglasses. Contact us if you have any questions about our guided hiking tours in the Scottsdale area.
All single day tours incur a 72 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations made within 72 hours of the start date of the tour will be non-refundable. Cancellations made outside of the 72 hour window will be entitled to a full refund.
Large Group Gratuity
For large group tours of 7 or more participants, we require a 15% auto-gratuity that will be charged to the credit card on file following the booking of your tour. If you have any questions, please contact our office.